In order to maintain a budget in line with the lifestyle of newly-minted entrepreneurs, we’ve given ourselves approximately $500 per person, per week, for the duration of the trip. When you start thinking about it, this doesn’t provide for a lot of luxuries. So far ways we’ve brainstormed to stay on track are:
- Cooking out of the van. You’d be surprised to see what Ben can make with a rice cooker!
- Staying with strangers, via CouchSurfing.com.
- Sleeping in the van. Honestly, we’re not sure how bad this part is going to get.
- Utilizing public pools and watering holes for hygienic purposes. (Bums do it?)
- Signing up with PassportAmerica.com to get discounts on RV & camp sites.
And we are always down for suggestions!
If you want to get down to the nitty-gritty, Alexi’s Economics degree managed to produce this chart:
|Weekly Per-Person Budget|
|Gas Card Rebate (6%)||$12.38||Gas||$206.25|
|Attractions & Entertainment||$50.00|
The most up-to-date version of our budget can be found on our shared Google Spreadsheet.
Popularity: 4% [?]